Smith Valley Garage has been serving the agricultural equipment needs of Northern Nevada and the Eastern Sierra for over 90 years. Bert Werner joined with Johnny Neumaker and a banker in 1919 to build Smith Valley Garage. With determination and hard work, they even survived the depression and bank failures of the 1930′s. During World War II, the business consisted primarily of service, maintenance, and making improvements to all kinds of farm, road, and mining equipment. This enabled ranchers and others to produce more for the war effort. In the 1950′s, Bert Werner sold the business to his son, Bill. In 1959, it was purchased by Bob and Martha Griffin. The next owner was Ben Barton, and later it was owned by Ernie Groso. The current owners, Dan and Shawna Smith, purchased the business in 1983.
What started out as a co-op and blacksmith shop in 1919 gradually evolved over the decades into the computerized environment in which we operate today. Although steam pumps and daisy reapers have been replaced with computers and GPS systems, our service to our customers has never wavered. We remain dedicated to the agricultural community as never before.